- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Detached folio from a dispersed copy of the Shahnama (Book of kings) by Firdawsi; Persian in black nasta'liq script; recto: text:The birth of Manuchehr, four columns, thirty-five lines; verso: text: Salm and Tur learned about Manuchehr's act, The message of Salm and Tur to Manuchehr, headings in gold, four columns, thirty-five lines.
Border: The recto and verso are set in gold, green, and red rulings with an inner frame of gold floral and leaf scroll on a blue ground, and an outer frame with landscape, and animal motifs.
- Published References
- Ivan Stchoukine. Les Peintures des Manuscrits de Shah Abbas Ier à la fin des Safavis. Institut français d'archéologie de Beyrouth Paris. pls. LII-LXV.
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 158, pp. 124-125.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum