L.C. Pang Collection (1864-1949), Chekiang, China, to 1915 
From 1915 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from the L.C. Pang Collection, through C.T. Loo, in San Francisco, in 1915 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Kakemono and Makimono List, L. 955, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. See also, P'ang Catalogue, No. 63. This object exhibits seals, colophons, or inscriptions that could provide additional information regarding the object’s history; see Curatorial Remarks in the object record for further details.
 According to an Accession List note, Charles Lang Freer purchased F1915.17- F1915.26 from the L.C. Pang Collection of Chekiang, China, through C.T. Loo, while at San Francisco in April 1915. Payment was made through Leyer and Co. of Shanghai, China. See Voucher no. 3, May 1915. According to Curatorial Remark 5 in the object record, this object was exhibited at The Art Institute, Chicago, Illinois, 1917, no. 48.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Pang Yuanji (C.L. Freer source) 1864-1949
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum