Experience the museums at night with programming combining art, film, music, food, and more. Each event may feature films, pop-up concerts, tours, art making, and food and drink from local vendors.
Fridays@Freer|Sackler: Cherry Blossom Edition
Friday, April 12, 5–9 pm
Celebrate the 2019 National Cherry Blossom Festival at this special after-hours event! Get an unexpected view into Japanese culture through musical performances, art making, and exclusive curator-led exhibition tours. The musical collective Coupler will create an ambient backdrop to the evening as you sample unique flavors by local favorite Daikaya and craft cocktails, all available for purchase. At 7:30 pm, catch the silent film Dragnet Girl, Japanese filmmaker Yasujiro Ozu’s psychologically complex gangster tale, scored live by Coupler.
- 5–7 pm: live music by Coupler
- 5–9 pm: food and drinks available for purchase, including a cash bar
- 5–9 pm: explore the Freer galleries and make a cherry blossom-inspired creation with artists from Pyramid Atlantic Art Center
- 5:30, 6:30, and 7:30 pm: curator-led tours
- 7:30 pm: screening of Dragnet Girl, with a live score by Coupler