Colonel Henry Bathurst Hanna (1839-1914), London, to 1907 
From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Colonel Henry Bathurst Hanna in 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Reserve List of Persian Manuscripts and Miniatures, H.B.H. 46, pg. 6, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
1. Purchased from Colonel H. B. Hanna. See "Reserve List of Persian Manuscripts and Miniatures," page 6.
2. (A.K. Coomaraswamy, 1930) Indian, early 19th century, Rajput. Devi standing four-armed with Siva prostrate; four "dhakinis" below.
3. (Undated folder sheet note) In June 1965, Mr. F.A. Haentschke completed rematting this painting.
Copyright with museum
Chrome users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."
Internet Explorer users: right click on icon, select "save target as..."
Mozilla Firefox users: right click on icon, select "save link as..."