- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Detached folio from a Qur'an; recto: Sura al-Insan (the man) 76: part of 27,28-31, Sura al-Mursalat (the Emissaries) 77:1-20 and part of 21, recto begins with "thaqila"; verso: sura 77:21-50, verso begins with "fi-qarari"; Arabic in black, blue and gold naskh, muhaqqaq and thuluth scripts; vocalized in black with red letters for recitation and reading; marginal medallions, inscription; one column, 14 lines of text; one of a group of twenty folios.
Border: The text is set in gold, red and blue rulings on paper with marginal medallions.
Recto: bottom left, waqf (endowment)
- Published References
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 23, p. 22.
- Edwin Binney 3rd. Turkish Treasures from the Collection of Edwin Binney, 3rd: 1981 Supplement to the 1979 Catalogue. San Diego. cat. 61a, p. 2.
- Dr. Massumeh Farhad Serpil Bagci. Falnama: The Book of Omens. Exh. cat. Washington, October 24, 2009 - January 24, 2010. p. 54.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum