- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Detached folio from a Qur'an; recto: Sura al-Inshiqaq (the Sundering), sura 84:15-25, Sura al-Buruj (the Mansions of the stars), sura 85:1-11, recto begins with "basiyra"; verso: sura 85: part of 11, 12-22, Sura al-Tariq (the Morning star), sura 86:1-17, verso begins with "janatu"; Arabic in black, blue, gold and white naskh, muhaqqaq and thuluth scripts, vocalized in black with red letters for recitation and reading; marginal medallions; inscription; one column, 14 lines of text; one of a group of twenty folios.
Border: Text is set in gold, red and blue rulings on a paper with marginal medallions.
Recto: bottom left, waqf (endowment)
- Published References
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 26, p. 23.
- Edwin Binney 3rd. Turkish Treasures from the Collection of Edwin Binney, 3rd: 1981 Supplement to the 1979 Catalogue. San Diego. cat. 61a, p. 2.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum