From at least 1912
Comtesse de Béarn. 
Henri Vever (1854-1942), Paris and Noyers, France. 
From 1942 to 1986
Family member, Paris and Boulogne, France, by inheritance from Henri Vever, Paris and Noyers, France. 
Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, purchased from a family member, Paris and Boulogne, France. 
 The object is documented as having appeared in the collection of "Mme la Comtesse de Béarn" by at least 1912, see Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 7: Chart of Recent Provenance" in An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection, Glenn D. Lowry et al (Washington, D.C.: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 400.
 See note 1.
 See the Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of the Henri Vever Collection of January 9, 1986, Collections Management Office.
 See note 3.
- Previous Owner(s)
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Comtesse de Béarn
- Published References
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 330, p. 278.
- The Hague. Catalogus tentoonstelling van islamische kunst. cat. 31, p. 23.
- Envisioning an Imperial Mughal Album; The Late Shah Jahan Album (assembled c. 1650-58): Muraqqa Imperial Mughal Albums from the Chester Beatty Library. .
- Milo Cleveland Beach. The Imperial Image: Paintings for the Mughal Court., 2nd. Washington and Ahmedabad, India, 2012. cat. 21A, p. 114.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum