- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Detached album folio; Page of calligraphy; text: Arabic in black nasta'liq script; Illuminated panel; calligraphic panel containing verses of Qur'an, Sura al-Fatiha (the Opener), sura 1:1-7; signed by Imad al-Hasani.
Border: The text is set in gold and blue rulings with two quatrains in Persian black nasta'liq script, and an outer frame with pink and green floral scroll, mounted on paperboard with floral motifs.
- Published References
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 456, p. 364.
- Encyclopaedia of the Qur'an. 5 vols., Boston and Leiden. fig. 8.
- Sheila R. Canby. Shah 'Abbas: The Remaking of Iran. Exh. cat. London, February 19 - June 14, 2009. cat. 7, p. 45.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum