- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Detached folio from a Qur'an; recto: Sura al-Qiyama (the Resurrection), sura 75: part of 38-40, Sura al-Insan (the Man), sura 76: 1-10 and part of 11, recto begins with "fakhalaqa", one column, 14 lines of text; verso: 76:11-26 and part of 27, verso begins with "al-yawm", one column, 15 lines of text; Arabic in black, blue, white and gold naskh, thuluth and muhaqqaq script, sura heading in white thuluth, vocalized in black with red letters for reading and recitation, marginal medallions and inscription; one of a group of twenty folios.
Border: text is set in gold, red, blue and purple rulings on cream-colored paper with marginal medallions.
Recto: bottom left, waqf (endowment)
- Published References
- Edwin Binney 3rd. Turkish Treasures from the Collection of Edwin Binney, 3rd: 1981 Supplement to the 1979 Catalogue. San Diego. cat. 61a, p. 2.
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 22, p. 22.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum