- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Detached folio from a Qur'an; recto: Sura al-Muzzammil (the Enshrouded one), sura 73:15-20 and the title of Sura al-Muddaththir, recto begins with "ana arsalna", one column, 14 lines of text; verso: Sura al-Muddaththir (the Cloaked one), sura 74:1-30 and part of 31, verso begins with "ya ayyuha", one column, 15 lines of text; Arabic in black, blue and gold naskh and muhaqqaq script, sura headings in white thuluth script, vocalized in black with red letters for reading and recitation, marginal medallion and inscription; one of a group of twenty folios.
Border: Text is set in gold, red, blue and purple rulings on cream-colored paper with marginal medallions.
Recto: bottom left: waqf (endowment)
- Published References
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 20, p. 22.
- Edwin Binney 3rd. Turkish Treasures from the Collection of Edwin Binney, 3rd: 1981 Supplement to the 1979 Catalogue. San Diego. cat. 61a, p. 2.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum