- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Detached folio from a dispersed copy of the Shahnama (Book of kings) by Firdawsi; text: Persian in black nasta'liq script; recto: illustration and text, The court of Gayumarth; verso: text, Siyamak slain by the black demon, four columns, twenty-five lines, marginal correction of scribal errors; one of a group of six folios.
Border: The painting and the text are set in gold, green and red rulings on cream-colored paper.
- Published References
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 153, p. 123.
- Rene Grousset. The Civilizations of the East. 4 vols., New York and London, 1931-1934. p. 362, fig. 274.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum