- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Shah Jahan (reigned 1628-1658)
Akbar reigned 1556-1605
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Léonce Rosenberg 1879 - 1947
Arthur Sambon 1867 - 1947
Detached folio from a dispersed copy of Khamsa (Quintet) by Amir Khusraw Dihlavi; text: Persian in black nasta'liq script; recto: text, four columns, nineteen lines; verso: Amir Khusraw presents a book of poetry to Ala'uddin Khalji.
Border: The text and the painting are set in gold, green, and red rulings on gold-sprinkled paper.
- Published References
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 199, pp. 168-169.
- Glenn D. Lowry Susan Nemanzee. A Jeweler's Eye: Islamic Arts of the Book from the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 36, pp. 134-135.
- The Hague. Catalogus tentoonstelling van islamische kunst. cat. 19, p. 22.
- World of Khusrau: Innovations & Contributions. .
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum