To at least 1922
Moussa, Tehran, Iran. 
Sale, Paris, Hôtel Drouot, Objets d'art Anciens de la Perse, May 5-6, 1922, no. 112. 
Henri Vever (1854-1942), Paris and Noyers, France. 
From 1942 to 1986
Family member, Paris and Boulogne, France, by inheritance from Henri Vever, Paris and Noyers, France. 
Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, purchased from a family member, Paris and Boulogne, France. 
 The object was in the collection of Moussa (M.J.M) until 1922 when it was published in the auction catalogue, Objets d'art anciens de la Perse, May 5-6, 1922. See Susan Nemazee, "Appendix 7: Chart of Recent Provenance" in An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection, Glenn D. Lowry et al (Washington, D.C.: Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution; Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1988), p. 403.
 See note 1.
 See note 1.
 See the Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of the Henri Vever Collection of January 9, 1986, Collections Management Office.
 See note 4.
- Previous Owner(s)
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Folio from an unidentified manuscript; recto: left-hand half of a double-page composition; A prince and princess surrounded by courtiers in a garden; verso: blank; facing folio (S1986.141.1); verso: blank; one of a group of two folios.
Border: The painting is set in a blue and gold inner frame and an outer frame with geometric motifs, mounted on gold- sprinkled paperboard.
An inscription across the top of the painting has been covered with yellow.
- Published References
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 292, pp. 256-257.
- Gaston Migeon. MIniatures Persanes: Collections Henri Vever et Pozzi., December 6, 1930. .
- The Hague. Catalogus tentoonstelling van islamische kunst. cat. 11, p. 21.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum