- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Detached folio from a dispersed copy of the Shahnama (Book of Kings) by Firdawsi, text: Persian in black naskh script, headings in red; recto: text: Rustam Slaying Pilsam, six columns, thirty-four lines; verso: illustration and text: The combat of Rustam and Pilsam, six columns, twenty-three lines; one of a group of four folios.
Border: The text is set in red rulings on cream-colored paper.
- Published References
- B. W. Robinson. Fifteenth-Century Persian Painting: Problems and Issues. Hagop Kevorkian Series on Near Eastern Art and Civilization New York. p. 63.
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 89, p. 79.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum