- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Francois Mautin French, born 1907
Henri Vever 1854 - 1942
Detached folio from a dispersed copy of Khamsa (Quintet) by Amir Khusraw Dihlavi, text: Persian in black nasta'liq script, heading in red; recto: Nizamuddin Awliya with three attendants, four columns, eleven lines of text; verso: four columns, nineteen lines, the verso of the folio has been pasted together with several pieces taken from another part of the manuscript; one of a group of seven folios.
Border: Text is within a border of colored panels.
- Published References
- Glenn D. Lowry, Milo Cleveland Beach, Elisabeth West FitzHugh, Susan Nemanzee, Janet Snyder. An Annotated and Illustrated Checklist of the Vever Collection. Washington and Seattle. cat. 198, pp. 165-166.
- Eloise Brac de la Perriere. Les manuscrits a peintures dans l'Inde des sultanats: l'exemple de la Khamse dispersee d'Amir Khosrow Dehlavi, c. 1450. vol. 56. p. 34, fig. 23.
- B. W. Robinson. Fifteenth-Century Persian Painting: Problems and Issues. Hagop Kevorkian Series on Near Eastern Art and Civilization New York. p. 63.
- World of Khusrau: Innovations & Contributions. .
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum