To about 1990
Bluett & Sons Ltd., London, to 1990 
From about 1990 to 2004
Dominic Jellinek, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, England, from about 2004 
Freer Gallery of Art, given by Dominic Jellinek in 2004
 The donor, Mr. Dominic Jellenik, wrote to Jan Stuart in late April, 2003, to offer this dish for the Peacock Room. Mr. Jellinek related that the dish had been "abandoned" in the basement of the Bluett's shop at 48 Davies Street at the time that the firm went out of business, around 1990. As one of the last employees of the firm, Mr. Jellinek had helped to dismantle the shop and also had acquired the firm's records. He estimated that the dish must have been in the shop since the 1940s or 1950s, but there was no record. Bluett's operated in the Davies Street shop from the time the building was built, in 1923, moving there from its previous premises on Oxford Street (according to Curatorial Note 2, Louise Cort, April 16, 2004, in the object record).
 See note 1.
- Previous Owner(s)
Bluett and Sons, Ltd. 1884 - 1992
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum