A.C. Ardeshir, Bombay, India and Windsor, England 
Family of A.C. Ardeshir, by descent 
Terence McInerney Fine Arts Ltd., New York City, to 2001
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Terence McInerney Fine Arts Ltd. in 2001
 According to Curatorial Note 3, Terence McInerney, June 2001, in the object record. Also, this object, as with most objects in the Ardeshir collection, was sent to England prior to the outbreak of World War I (according to Curatorial Note 3, Terence McInerney, June 2001, in the object record).
 See note 1.
- Previous Owner(s)
Terence McInerney Fine Arts Ltd.
A. C. Ardeshir
- Published References
- Michael Brand Glenn D. Lowry. Akbar's India: Art from the Mughal City of Victory. Exh. cat. New York. cat. 80, pp. 120, 156.
- Irfan Habib. Three Early Farmans of Akbar, in Favour of Ramadas, the Master Dyer. .
- Iqbal Husain. Akbar's Farmans - A Study in Diplomatic. .
- Saiyid Zaheer Husain Jafri. Akbar and His India. p. 266.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum