Hyatt-Mayor Collection, from the 1950s 
Martha Mayor Smith, Washington, DC, and Alfred Mayor, New York City, by descent, to 2000
Freer Gallery of Art, given by Martha Mayor Smith and Alfred Mayor in 2000
 According to Curatorial Note 2, Massumeh Farhad, February 29, 2000, in the object record.
- Previous Owner(s)
Martha Mayor Smith
Detached folio from a dispersed copy of the Tarikh-i alam aray-i Shah Ismail (The world adorning history of Shah Ismail) by Bijan; The battle between Shah Ismail and Abul-Khayr Khan with two lines of calligraphy in Persian black nasta'liq script above and below the painting; reverse: blank
Border: The painting is set in gold, blue, and purple rulings with a narrow, pink inner frame of gold floral scroll and a black outer frame with gold floral motifs.
- Published References
- Jeremy Tredinnick. An Illustrated History of Kazakhstan. .
- Asia Inside Out: Changing Times. .
- Qaraqalpaqs of the Aral Delta. .
- Betty S. Anderson. A History of the Modern Middle East: Rulers, Rebels, and Rogues. Stanford, California. p. 46, fig. 1.4.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum