From at least 1967
W.C. Archer, London, from at least 1967 
Terence McInerney Fine Arts Ltd., New York City, to 1999
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Terence McInerney Fine Arts Ltd. in 1999
 The object was in the W.G. Archer Collection when published in Mildred Archer's Indian Miniatures and Folk Paintings (London: Arts Council, 1967), no. 25; therefore, it fulfills all provenance requirements (according to Curatorial Note 3, Milo C. Beach, October 1998, in the object record).
- Previous Owner(s)
Terence McInerney Fine Arts Ltd.
- Published References
- Sir William George Archer. Visions of Courtly India: The Archer Collection of Pahari Miniatures. Exh. cat. Washington. cat. nos. 8-10.
- Dr. Stella Kramrisch. Painted Delight: Indian Paintings in Philadelphia Collections. Philadelphia, PA. cat. nos. 102-4.
- Portland Museum of Art. Indian Miniature Paintings from the Collection of Edwin Binney, 3rd. Portland. cat. nos. 55 a-b.
- Mildred Archer. Indian Miniatures and Folk Paintings from the Collection of Mildred and W.G. Archer. Exh. cat. London. cat. 25.
- D.J. Ehnbom. Indian Miniatures: The Ehrenfeld Collection. New York. cat. 112.
- B.N. Goswamy. Essence of Indian Art. San Francisco. cat. 115 and 157.
- Sir William George Archer. Indian Paintings from the Punjab Hills: A Survey and History of Pahari Miniature Painting. 2 vols., New York and London. cat. nos.22i-xiv, pp. 49-51, pls. 22 i-xiv.
- Milo Cleveland Beach. A Bhagavata Purana from the Punjab Hills and Related Paintings. vol. 60, no.333 Boston, 1965. pp. 168-177.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum