Wang Fangyu (1913-1997) and Sum Wai (1918-1996), to 1997 
Shao F. Wang, New York and Short Hills, NJ, by descent, to 1998 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Shao F. Wang in 1998
 According to Curatorial Note 2, Joseph Chang and Stephen D. Allee, May 7, 1998, and Joseph Chang and Stephen D. Allee, August 18, 1998, in the object record.
 See note 1.
- Previous Owner(s)
Shao F. Wang
Wang Fangyu 1913-1997
Sum Wai 1918 - 1996
- Published References
- Thomas Lawton Thomas W. Lentz. Beyond the Legacy: Anniversary Acquisitions for the Freer Gallery of Art and the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. vol. 1 Washington, 1998. pp. 244-251, fig. 3.
- Joseph Chang, Quianshen Bai, Catalogue by Stephen Allee. In Pursuit of Heavenly Harmony: Paintings and Calligraphy by Bada Shanren from the Bequest of Wang Fangyu and Sum Wai. Exh. cat. Washington. cat. 9, p. 66-67.
- Will Deming. Rethinking Religion: A Concise Introduction. New York. p. 21.
- James T. Ulak. A Decade of Remarkable Growth: Acquisitions by the Freer and Sackler Galleries. vol. 166 no. 548 London, 2007. p. 40.
- p. 23.
- p. 66.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum