From circa 1963-1965 to 1996
Mr. Yoshida, Antique Yoshida, Kyoto, acquired in Kyoto or Osaka between 1963-1965 
From 1996 to 1998
Mrs. Keum Ja Kang, the Kang Collection, New York, purchased from Mr. Yoshida on October 1, 1996 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from the Kang Collection, October 22, 1998 
 See Invoice issued by Mr. Yoshida, Antique Yoshida, to the Kang Collection, dated October 1, 1996, copy in object file. In the invoice, Mr. Yoshida stated that he had acquired this object, along with four other items that he sold to the Kang Collection, between 1963 and 1965 in Kyoto and Osaka. See also provenance record for F1998.305, which was purchased together with this vessel.
 See Mr. Yoshida's Invoice, dated October 1, 1996, cited in note 1.
 See Kang Collection's Invoice, dated October 22, 1998, copy in object file.
- Previous Owner(s)
Mrs. Keum-Ja Kang
- Published References
- Gina L. Barnes. China, Korea, and Japan: The Rise of Civilization in East Asia. London. .
- Gregory Henderson. Korean Ceramics, an Art's Variety: Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Gregory Henderson. Exh. cat. Columbus, OH. .
- Korean Ancient Pottery. Seoul, December 1997. .
- Robert P. Griffing Jr. The Art of the Korean Potter: Silla, Koryo, Yi. New York and Greenwich, CT, Spring 1968. .
- Roger Goepper. Treasures from Korea: Art Through 5000 Years. Exh. cat. London. .
- Wonyong Kim. Kankoku kodai (Korean Prehistoric and Ancient Periods). Sekai toji zenshu, vol. 17 Tokyo. .
- Edward B. Adams. Korea's Pottery Heritage. 2 vols., Seoul, 1986-1990. .
- Korean Art in the Freer and Sackler Galleries. Washington, D.C. no. 10.2, p. 157.
- Collection Area(s)
- Korean Art
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum