Robert Hatfield Ellsworth (1929-2014), New York, NY. 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Robert Hatfield Ellsworth, New York, NY. 
 Curatorial Remark 1 in the object record.
 See note 1. Also see Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List after 1920 file, Collections Management Office.
- Previous Owner(s)
Robert Hatfield Ellsworth 1929-2014
- Published References
- Thomas Lawton Thomas W. Lentz. Beyond the Legacy: Anniversary Acquisitions for the Freer Gallery of Art and the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. vol. 1 Washington, 1998. pp. 256-261.
- Artists' Pigments: A Handbook of their History and Characteristics. 4 vols., New York, Cambridge and Washington. p. 12, fig. 5.
- Robert Hatfield Ellsworth. Later Chinese Painting and Calligraphy: 1800-1950., 1st edition. New York. .
- Thomas Lawton, Joseph Chang, Stephen Allee. Brushing the Past: Later Chinese Calligraphy from the Gift of Robert Haftield Ellsworth. Exh. cat. Washington. .
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum