Takashi Yanagi, Kyoto, to 1980 
From 1980 to 1998
Peggy and Richard M. Danziger, New York City, acquired from Takashi Yanagi in 1980 
Freer Gallery of Art, given by Peggy and Richard M. Danziger in 1998
 According to Curatorial Note 3, Ann Yonemura, July 22, 1998, in the object record.
 See Note 1. Also, according to this same Curatorial Note, the presence of this work in an American private collection has been well publicized through publications since the 1980s.
- Previous Owner(s)
Peggy and Richard M. Danziger
- Published References
- Thomas Lawton Thomas W. Lentz. Beyond the Legacy: Anniversary Acquisitions for the Freer Gallery of Art and the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery. vol. 1 Washington, 1998. pp. 286-287.
- introduction by Ann Yonemura et al. Twelve Centuries of Japanese Art from the Imperial Collection. Exh. cat. Washington, 1997. pp. 52-53.
- Word in Flower: The Visualization of Classical Literature in Seventeenth-Century Japan. Exh. cat. New Haven. pp. 19,109.
- John M. Rosenfield Yoshiaki Shimizu. Masters of Japanese Calligraphy: 8th-19th Century. Exh. cat. New York. pp. 25, 209.
- p. 149, fig. 58.
- Collection Area(s)
- Japanese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum