Marvin Sadik Fine Arts, Inc., Falmouth, ME, to 1981 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Marvin Sadik Fine Arts, Inc. in 1981
 The object is said to have been "in a farmhouse in Maine" for over fifty years before it was acquired by the dealer who sold it to the Freer Gallery of Art (see Curatorial Note 4 in the object record).
- Previous Owner(s)
Marvin Sadik Fine Arts, Inc.
- Published References
- John Seyller. The Adventures of Hamza: Painting and Storytelling in Mughal India. Washington. cat. 37, pp. 127, 263, R53.
- Oleg Grabar. Masterpieces of Islamic Art: The Decorated Page from the 8th to the 17th Century., English edition. New York. pp. 64-65, pl. 8.
- Milo Cleveland Beach. The Imperial Image: Paintings for the Mughal Court., 2nd. Washington and Ahmedabad, India, 2012. cat. 6C, p. 56.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum