Mr. and Mrs. Victor Hauge, Falls Church, Virginia. 
Franz Bader, Inc., Washington D.C. 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Franz Bader, Inc., Washington, D.C. 
 Curatorial Remark 4 in the object record. Louise Cort’s comment states: “According to Victor and Takako Hauge, in a conversation at their home 14 August 2004, this painting was formerly in their collection and was part of an exhibition on the theme of Birds that they organized for the Franz Bader Gallery. It was then identified as Soritsu.”
 See Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List after 1920 file, Collections Management Office.
 See note 2.
- Previous Owner(s)
Franz Bader Gallery
Victor and Takako Hauge American (1919 - 2013, 1923 - 2015)
- Published References
- Genshoku Nihon no Bijutsu (A Kaleidoscope of Japanese Art). 30 vols., Tokyo, 1966-1980. pl. 51.
- Nihon bijutsu kaiga zenshu. 25 vols., Tokyo, 1977-1980. fig. 41.
- Kachoga no sekai (Flower and Bird Paintings of Japan). 11 vols., Tokyo, 1981-1983. p. 146.
- Zaigai hiho (Japanese Paintings in Western Collections). 3 vols., Tokyo. pl. 97.
- Zaigai Nihon no Shiho (Japanese Art : Selections from Western Collections). 10 vols., Tokyo, 1979 - 1980. pl. 77.
- Collection Area(s)
- Japanese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum