- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Detached folio from a dispersed copy of Kalila wa dimna; text: Persian in black nasta’liq script; recto: text: The story of magpies and owls, heading in gold, one column, 14 lines; verso: illustration and text: The battle between the magpies and the owls.
Border: The text and the painting are set in gold and black rulings on cream-colored paper.
- Published References
- Ernst Grube. Prolegomena for a Corpus Publication of Illustrated Kalilah wa Dimnah Manuscripts. vol. 4. cat. 23, pp. 362,385, 415.
- Jashn-e-Khusrau 2013: Celebrating the Genius of Khusrau. Ahmedabad, India, 2014. p. 74.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum