- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Edward T. Chow 1910 - 1980
Mathias Komor 1909 - 1984
In a scene on the outside of this bowl, three friends meet in a garden to enjoy an interlude of music. Inside the bowl the motif of the Three Friends of Winter--pine, bamboo, and flowering plum--reinforces the theme of friendship.
- Published References
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Thomas Lawton, Harold P. Stern. The Freer Gallery of Art. 2 vols., Washington and Tokyo, 1971-1972. cat. 99, p. 175.
- Masterpieces of Chinese and Japanese Art: Freer Gallery of Art handbook. Washington, 1976. p. 72.
- Ming Porcelains in the Freer Gallery of Art. Washington, 1953. p. 27, fig. 22.
- Ann Frank. Chinese Blue and White. New York. p. 43.
- Mayuyama Junkichi. Obei shuzo chugoku toji zuroku (Chinese Ceramics in the West). Tokyo. pl. 97.
- Oriental Ceramics (Toyo Toji Taikan): The World's Great Collections. 12 vols., Tokyo. pl. 31.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum