- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Alice Boney 1901 - 1988
Incised decoration on sides and cover; removable tray inside; three low feet on base and loose ring in cover. Slight encrustation and decomposition.
- Published References
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Mr. R.J. Gettens, James Cahill, Noel Barnard. The Freer Chinese Bronzes. Oriental Studies Series, vol. 1, no. 7 Washington. cat. 119, p. 603.
- Masterpieces of Chinese and Japanese Art: Freer Gallery of Art handbook. Washington, 1976. p. 22.
- Jessica Rawson. Chinese Bronzes from the Sedgewick Collection., Summer 1971. pp. 148-55, fig. 15.
- Jessica Rawson. A Group of Han Dynasty Bronzes with Chased Decoration and Some Related Ceramics., Winter 1973. fig. 5.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum