H. Kahn Monif (died 1968), Persian Antique Gallery, New York, NY, to 1945 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from H. Kahn Monif in 1945
 Undated folder sheet note. For additional information, see Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List after 1920, Collections Management Office.
- Previous Owner(s)
H. Kahn Monif died 1968
Detached folio from a dispersed copy of the Shahnama (Book of kings) by Firdawsi; text: Persian in black naskhi script; recto: text: Bahram Chubineh enthroned, heading in gold, 6 columns, 30 lines; verso: text: Khusraw Parviz going to Rome, heading in gold, 6 columns, 30 lines of text; one of a group of 6 folios.
Border: The text is set in gold, black, and blue rulings on cream-colored paper.
- Published References
- Dr. Esin Atil. Exhibition of 2500 Years of Persian Art. Exh. cat. Washington, 1971. pp. 4-5, pl. 13.
- Jose Pijoan. Arte Islamico. vol. 12, Summa artis, historia general del arte, 1st ed. Madrid. p. 353, fig. 490.
- Marianna Shreve Simpson. The Illustration of an Epic: The Earliest Shahnama Manuscripts. Outstanding Dissertations in the Fine Arts New York and London. pp. 89, 100, 108, 151, fig. 21.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum