Tonying and Company, Inc. New York to 1944
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Tonying and Company, Inc., New York in 1944 
 See note 1 on folder sheet. For additional information, see Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List file, Collections Management Office.
- Previous Owner(s)
Tonying and Company
To learn more about this and similar objects, visit http://www.asia.si.edu/SongYuan/default.asp Song and Yuan Dynasty Painting and Calligraphy.
- Published References
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Thomas Lawton, Harold P. Stern. The Freer Gallery of Art. 2 vols., Washington and Tokyo, 1971-1972. cat. 40, p. 158.
- James Cahill. Chinese Album Leaves in the Freer Gallery of Art. Washington and Japan, 1961-1962. cover, p. 9.
- Grace Dunham Guest A.G. Wenley. Annotated Outlines of the History of Chinese Arts. Washington, 1949. p. 13.
- Dr. Sherman Lee. A Probable Sung Buffalo Painting. vol. 12 Washington and Zurich, 1949. p. 294.
- Dr. Sherman Lee. Buddhist Art. Detroit. pp. 33, 58.
- Smithsonian Institution. Annual Report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution, 1945. Washington. p. 51, pl. 2.
- Suzuki Kei. Chugoku kaiga sogo zuroku (Comprehensive Illustrated Catalog of Chinese Painting). 5 vols., Tokyo, 1982-1983. p. 239.
- Unknown article. no. 26, June 1958. p. 64.
- p. 38, fig. 19.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum