From 1941 to 1943
C.T. Loo & Company, New York from November 1941 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from C.T. Loo & Company on December 8, 1943 
 See C. T. Loo's stockcard no. 87477: "Bronze Tsun relief [masks]. Shang," Frank Caro Archive, Institute of Fine Arts, New York University, copy in object file.
 See C. T. Loo's invoice, dated December 8, 1943, copy in object file.
- Previous Owner(s)
C.T. Loo & Company active 1908-1950
- Published References
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Mr. R.J. Gettens, James Cahill, Noel Barnard. The Freer Chinese Bronzes. Oriental Studies Series, vol. 1, no. 7 Washington. cat. 13, p. 85.
- Grace Dunham Guest A.G. Wenley. Annotated Outlines of the History of Chinese Arts. Washington, 1949. p. 1.
- Chen Mengjia. Yin Zhou qing tong qi fen lei tu lu (Yin-Chou ch'ing t'ung ch'i fen lei t'u lu). 2 vols., Dongjing. .
- Chin wen tsung chi. Taipei. p. 2368.
- Bernhard Karlgren. Marginalia on Some Bronze Albums II. no. 32 Stockholm. p. 10, pl. 15b.
- Sueji Umehara. In-kyo (Yin hsu: Ancient Capital of the Shang Dynasty at An-yang). Tokyo. pl. 87.
- A.G. Wenley Dr. John Alexander Pope. China. War Background Study, no. 20 Washington. pl. 25.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum