From 1941 to 1943
C.T. Loo & Company, New York from November 1941 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from C.T. Loo & Company on September 14, 1943 
 See C. T. Loo's stockcard no. 87475: "Bronze Ku Shang," Frank Caro Archive, Institute of Fine Arts, New York University, copy in object file. The object was brought to the Freer Gallery for examination on March 20, 1942.
 See C. T. Loo's invoice, dated September 14, 1943, copy in object file.
- Previous Owner(s)
C.T. Loo & Company active 1908-1950
- Published References
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Mr. R.J. Gettens, James Cahill, Noel Barnard. The Freer Chinese Bronzes. Oriental Studies Series, vol. 1, no. 7 Washington. cat. 9, p. 65.
- Grace Dunham Guest A.G. Wenley. Annotated Outlines of the History of Chinese Arts. Washington, 1949. p. 1.
- Chen Mengjia. Yin Zhou qing tong qi fen lei tu lu (Yin-Chou ch'ing t'ung ch'i fen lei t'u lu). 2 vols., Dongjing. .
- Chin wen tsung chi. Taipei. p. 3358.
- Freer Gallery of Art. The Freer Gallery of Art of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington. p. 8.
- Shang Chou chin wen shi ch'eng. multi-vol., Taipei. cat. 6759.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum