- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Alice Boney 1901 - 1988
Stoneware with straw-colored glaze. Slightly beveled foot, concave base.
Clay: hard, close-grained, buff-white with minute black particles and iron stains.
Glaze: transparent, tending to pale green; finely crazed, and, in places, peeled.
Decoration: moulded in relief .
- Published References
- Along the Silk Road. p. 16, fig. 2.
- Grace Dunham Guest A.G. Wenley. Annotated Outlines of the History of Chinese Arts. Washington, 1949. p. 8.
- Mrs. Hin-cheung Lovell. Some Northern Chinese Wares of the Sixth and Seventh Centuries. vol. 21, no. 4, Winter 1975. pp. 328-343, fig. 28.
- Oriental Ceramics (Toyo Toji Taikan): The World's Great Collections. 12 vols., Tokyo. pl. 22.
- Smithsonian Institution. Annual Report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution, 1942-1943. Washington. pl. 2.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum