From at least 1933 to 1936
C. T. Loo & Company, Paris from at least January 1933 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from C.T. Loo & Company, Paris and New York on March 3, 1936 
 Umehara Sueji, "Hosokawa koshaku-ke zo kin-gin-saku shuryo monkyo" (An Inlaid Bronze Mirror in Marquis Hosokawa's Collection), Bijutsu kenkyu no. 13 (January 1933), p. 5, pl. 3, listed as owned by C. T. Loo, Paris.
 See C. T. Loo's invoice dated March 3, 1936, copy in object file. The mirror was included on a "List of objects owned by C. T. Loo, New York and [sent to] the Gallery for examination, December 1934." The invoice was issued by C.T. Loo's Paris gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
C.T. Loo & Company active 1908-1950
- Published References
- Thomas Lawton. Chinese Art of the Warring States Period: Change and Continuity, 480-222 B.C. Washington, 1982-1983. cat. 38, p. 83.
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Thomas Lawton, Harold P. Stern. The Freer Gallery of Art. 2 vols., Washington and Tokyo, 1971-1972. cat. 25, p. 155.
- compiled by the staff of the Freer Gallery of Art. A Descriptive and Illustrative Catalogue of Chinese Bronzes: Acquired During the Administration of John Ellerton Lodge. Oriental Studies Series, no. 3 Washington, 1946. p. 68, pl. 37.
- Masterpieces of Chinese and Japanese Art: Freer Gallery of Art handbook. Washington, 1976. p. 19.
- Robert Dale Jacobsen. Inlaid Bronzes of Pre-Imperial China: A Classical Tradition and Its Later Revivals. 2 vols. Ann Arbor. pl. 172.
- Smithsonian Institution. Annual Report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution, 1935. Washington, 1935-1936. appendix 3, pl. 1.
- Smithsonian Institution. Report of the Secretary, 1935. Washington, 1935-1936. pl. 1.
- Sueji Umehara. Rakuyo kinson kobo shuei (Objects from the Ancient Tombs at Chin Ts'un, Lo-yang). Kyoto. pl. 49.
- Sueji Umehara. Hosokawa koshaku-ke zo kin-gin-saku shuryu monkyo (An Inlaid Bronze Mirror in Marquis Hosokawa's Collection). vol. 13 Tokyo, January 1933. figs. 1-7.
- Sueji Umehara. Kan izen no kokyo no kenkyu (L'Etude sur le Miroir Anterieur a la Dynastie des Han). Kyoto. pp. 9-10, 38-40, pl. 37, fig. 1.
- Sueji Umehara. Some Ancient Chinese Mirrors with Rich Ornaments. vol. 14 Osaka, June 1954. pl. 6a.
- Osvald Siren. Kinas Konst Under Tre Artusenden. 2 vols., Stockholm, 1942-1943. pl. 46b.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum