Dr. Jacob Hirsch, New York to 1934. 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Dr. Jacob Hirsch, New York in 1934. 
 Curatorial Remark 1 in the object record.
 See note 1.
- Previous Owner(s)
Dr. Jacob Hirsch 1874? - 1955
Dark brown leather outside; light brown leather inside; on pasteboard. Decoration: punched and chiselled gold relief, with touches of color in the floral patterns; gold tooling in the borders; cut gold filigree over blue paper. Inscriptions embossed; gold writing on the back hinge.
- Published References
- Fu Shen, Glenn D. Lowry, Ann Yonemura, Thomas Lawton. From Concept to Context: Approaches to Asian and Islamic Calligraphy. Exh. cat. Washington. cat. 47, pp. 104, 132-133.
- Smithsonian Institution. Report of the Secretary, 1934. Washington. pl. 1.
- Smithsonian Institution. Annual Report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution, 1934. Washington, 1934-1935. opp. p. 26, pl. 1.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum