Dr. Jacob Hirsch, New York to 1932 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Dr. Jacob Hirsch, New York in 1932 
 Object file, undated folder sheet note.
 See note 1. Also see Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List file, Collections Management Office. For further information in connection with this purchase see letter to Dr. Hirsch written by M. Aga-Oglu, January 4, 1932, Letter File (Hirsch).
- Previous Owner(s)
Dr. Jacob Hirsch 1874? - 1955
Detached folio from a Divan (Collected poems) by Sultan Ahmad Jalayir; text: Persian in black nasta'liq script, headings in Arabic in gold, red and blue nasta'liq; recto: Gathering of scholars, two columns, 14 lines; verso: text, two columns, 13 lines, 51 lines of marginal text; one of a group of 9: the manuscript, its separated cover (F 1932.29), and 7 detached folios (F1932.30-31, F1932.33-37) are accessed separately.
- Published References
- Fredrik Robert Martin Sir Thomas W. Arnold. Miniatures from the Period of Timur: In an MS. of the Poems of Sultan Ahmad Jalair. Vienna. p. 11, pl. 3.
- Tomoko Masuya. Illuminations for the Divan of Sultan Ahmad Jalayir. 1428 Tokyo, 2014. p. 14, fig. 4.
- Dr. Esin Atil. The Brush of the Masters: Drawings from Iran and India. Exh. cat. Washington, 1978. cat. 3, p. 22.
- Deborah E. Klimberg Salter. A Sufi Theme in Persian Painting: The Diwan of Sultan Ahmad Gala in the Freer Gallery of Art. vol. 11 Wiesbaden, 1976-1977. pp. 43-84, fig. 4.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum