Hagop Kevorkian (1872-1962), New York to 1931 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Hagop Kevorkian, New York in 1931 
 Object file, undated folder sheet note. See also Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List file, Collections Management Office.
 See note 1.
- Previous Owner(s)
Hagop Kevorkian 1872 - 1962
Detached folio from the Khusraw u Shirin from a Khamsa (Quintet) by Nizami; text: Persian in black nasta'liq script ; recto: roundel (shamsa); verso: text with one main illuminated heading (sarlawh) inscribed with white ornamental "eastern kufic"; 4 columns; one of a group of 7 detached folios (F1931-37) from the manuscript (F1931.29) and the book binding (F 1931.30); accessioned separately.
Border: The recto is set in gold, green and blue rulings on gold-sprinkled paper; the verso is set in gold rulings with a blue outer frame of floral and tendril motifs on gold-sprinkled paper.
- Published References
- Dr. Esin Atil. Exhibition of 2500 Years of Persian Art. Exh. cat. Washington, 1971. cat. 7, pp. 1, 3.
- Oleg Akimushkin Priscilla P. Soucek. The Arts of the Book in Central Asia: 14th - 16th Centuries. London and Paris. pp.10, 19, 35,39, pl. 1, pl. 5.
- B. W. Robinson. Fifteenth-Century Persian Painting: Problems and Issues. Hagop Kevorkian Series on Near Eastern Art and Civilization New York. p. 4.
- Sheila Blair. Islamic Calligraphy. Edinburgh. pl. 7.15.
- Freer Gallery of Art. Gallery Book I: Exhibition of July 19, 1933. Washington, July 19, 1933. .
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum