Hagop Kevorkian (1872-1962), New York to 1931 
Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Hagop Kevorkian, New York in 1931 
 Object file, undated folder sheet note. See also Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List file, Collections Management Office.
 See note 1.
- Previous Owner(s)
Hagop Kevorkian 1872 - 1962
Detached folio from the Khusraw u Shirin by Nizami; text: Persian in black nasta'liq script; recto: illustration: Khusraw discovers Shirin bathing; verso: text, 4 columns, 23 lines; one of a group of 7 detached folios (F1931-37) from the manuscript (F1931.29) and the book binding (F 1931.30); accessioned separately.
Border: The painting and the text are set in gold, green and blue rulings on gold-sprinkled paper.
- Published References
- Dr. Esin Atil. Exhibition of 2500 Years of Persian Art. Exh. cat. Washington, 1971. cat. 19, p. 7.
- Mehmet Aga-Oglu. The Khusrau wa Shirin Manuscript in the Freer Gallery. vol. IV Ann Arbor. pp. 479-481, fig. 1.
- A. T. Adamova. Mediaeval Persian Painting: The Evolution of an Artistic Vision. Biennial Ehsan Yarshater Lecture Series, no. 3 New York. p. 55.
- Ernst Grube. Persian Painting in the Fourteenth Century: A Research Report. Supplemento agli Annali-Instituto Orientale di Napoli, no. 17 Napoli. p. 41, fig. 66.
- B. W. Robinson. Persian Drawings from the 14th through the 19th Century. Drawings of the Masters New York. pp.16,19,38,131, pl. 6.
- B. W. Robinson. Fifteenth-Century Persian Painting: Problems and Issues. Hagop Kevorkian Series on Near Eastern Art and Civilization New York. p. 4.
- Priscilla P. Soucek. Illustrated Manuscript of Nizami's "Khamseh" 1386-1482. 2 vols. Ann Arbor. pl. 38.
- Freer Gallery of Art. Gallery Book II: Exhibition of August 19, 1933. Washington, August 19, 1933. .
- Elias John Wilkinson Gibb. History of Ottoman Poetry. 6 vols., London. p. 314 ff.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum