- Provenance information is currently unavailable
- Previous Owner(s)
Yamanaka and Co.
This lobed mirror consists of a cast bronze body to which has been affixed sheet of gold that was previously worked with repousse and incised figures on a ring-punched background. The foliated designs arranged symetrically around the central boss are auspicious symbols.
- Published References
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Thomas Lawton, Harold P. Stern. The Freer Gallery of Art. 2 vols., Washington and Tokyo, 1971-1972. cat. 27, p. 155.
- Mario Bussagli. Chinese Painting. Cameo London and New York. p. 130, pl. 59.
- Capolavori nei secoli: Enciclopedia di tutte i popoli in tutti i tempi. 12 vols., Milan, 1961 - 1964. p. 44.
- Chugoku bijutsu (Chinese Art in Western Collections). 5 vols., Tokyo, 1972-1973. fig. 87.
- Hai wai i chen (Chinese Art in Overseas Collections). Taipei, 1985. vol. 2, p. 214.
- Osvald Siren. Kinas Konst Under Tre Artusenden. 2 vols., Stockholm, 1942-1943. pl. 90 a.
- Peter C. Swann. Art of China, Korea, and Japan. New York. p. 120, fig. 108.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum