You Xiaoxi, Shanghai, to 1919 
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from You Xiaoxi, Shanghai in 1919 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 2620, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
You Xiaoxi (C.L. Freer source) late 19th-early 20th century
- Published References
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Thomas Lawton, Harold P. Stern. The Freer Gallery of Art. 2 vols., Washington and Tokyo, 1971-1972. cat. 125, p. 178.
- Oriental Ceramics (Toyo Toji Taikan): The World's Great Collections. 12 vols., Tokyo. pl. 24.
- Jan Wirgin. Sung Ceramic Designs. no. 42, Stockholm. cat. 42, pp. 1-272.
- James J. Lally J.J. Lally & Co. Oriental Art. Collecting Chinese Ceramics in America: Morgan and Freer. vol. 73 London, 2008-2009. fig. 12.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum