You Xiaoxi (late 19th-early 20th century), Shanghai, to 1919 
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from You Xiaoxi in 1919 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Kakemono and Makimono List, L. 1321, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. This object exhibits seals, colophons, or inscriptions that could provide additional information regarding the object’s history; see Curatorial Remarks in the object record for further details.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
You Xiaoxi (C.L. Freer source) late 19th-early 20th century
To learn more about this and similar objects, visit http://www.asia.si.edu/SongYuan/default.asp Song and Yuan Dynasty Painting and Calligraphy.
- Published References
- Song Dynasty Paintings Project. multi-volumed, . .
- Suiboku bijutsu taikei. 17 vols., Tokyo, 1973-1977. pl. 114.
- Fu Shen. Yuan dai huang shi shu hua shou cang shi lue. Gu gong cong kan Taipei. p. 238.
- Mary M. Mcdonald. It Draws Me: The Art of Contemplation. .
- The Peach Blossom Spring in Motion. p. 116.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum