Found in the village of Ssu, near Honan-fu, in 1914 
Lai-Yuan and Company, New York, to 1916 
From 1916 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Lai-Yuan and Company in 1916 
The Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
According to Curatorial Remark 3, Charles Lang Freer, in the object record, this object, along with F1916.2 and F1916.4, "was found in a large flower pot at a ruined house in the village of Ssu, near Honan-fu, in 1914."
 See Original Pottery List, L.2458, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 2.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Lai-Yuan and Company (C.L. Freer source)
- Published References
- Sigisbert Chrétien Bosch Reitz. Catalogue of an Exhibition of Early Chinese Pottery and Sculpture. Exh. cat. New York. fig. 138.
- Robert L. Hobson. Chinese Pottery and Porcelain: An Account of the Potter's Art in China from Primitive Times to the Present Day. 2 vols., New York and London. p. 123 ff.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum