Excavated in Hsia-hsi, Chekiang 
You Xiaoxi, Shanghai, to 1916 
From 1916 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from You Xiaoxi, in New York in 1916 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 According to Curatorial Remark 8, J. Murray, 1982, "A review of the Original Miscellaneous list shows this object was excavated in Hsiaki, Chekiang."
 See Original Miscellaneous List, S.I. 1045, pg. 233, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 2.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
You Xiaoxi (C.L. Freer source) late 19th-early 20th century
- Published References
- You Xiaoxi, Hsiao-chi Yu in, Chi-Tseng Chang. Masterpieces of Chinese National Art: The Collection of Mr. Seaouke'e Yue. Shanghai, 1916. no. 20.
- Geoffrey WIlls. Jade of the East., 1st ed. New York, 1972. fig. 7.
- Julia Murray. Neolithic Chinese Jades in the Freer Gallery of Art. vol. 14, no. 11 Hong Kong, November 1983. p. 19.
- Sherman Lee. The Freer's Studies in Connoisseurship (Review): Museum News. vol. 44, no. 1 New York, Spring 1984. p. 69, fig. 9.
- Elizabeth Childs-Johnson Fang Gu. Yuqi shidai: Meiguo bowuguan cang Zhongguo zaoqi yuqi (The Jade Age: Early Chinese Jades in American Museums). Beijing, 2009. p. 107.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum