M. Knoedler & Co., New York, NY, to 1915 
From 1915 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from M. Knoedler and Co., New York, at the Panama-Pacific International Exposition, in San Francisco in 1915 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See List of American Paintings other than by Whistler, A, pg. 14, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 This object was purchased by Charles Lang Freer from M. Knoedler and Co., 556-558 Fifth Avenue, New York, at Panama-Pacific International Exposition, San Francisco, June 23, 1915 (Curatorial Remark 3, Kate Theimer, June 3, 1994, in the object record). Also see correspondence between Roland F. Knoedler of M. Knoedler & Co., New York, to Freer, May 22, 1915; Freer to Knoedler, May 28, ; Knoedler to Freer, June 21, 1915; Freer to Knoedler, June 23, 1915, in the Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
M. Knoedler & Co. (C.L. Freer source)
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum