Tonying and Company, New York to 1915 
From 1915 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Tonying and Company, New York in 1915 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Bronze List, S.I. 689, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. By at least 1917, Tonying and Company maintained business locations in Shanghai, Beijing, Paris, London, and New York, NY.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Tonying and Company (C.L. Freer source)
- Published References
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Mr. R.J. Gettens, James Cahill, Noel Barnard. The Freer Chinese Bronzes. Oriental Studies Series, vol. 1, no. 7 Washington. cat. 37, p. 207.
- Shang Chou chin wen shi ch'eng. multi-vol., Taipei. cats. 5444-5.
- Chin wen tsung chi. Taipei. p. 2715.
- Bernhard Karlgren. Yin and Chou in Chinese Bronzes. no. 8, 1955 article reprint. Stockholm. cat. A50, p. 100.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum