Nan Ming Yuan, Tientsin, China, to 1912 
From 1912 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Nan Ming Yuan in 1912 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Bronze List, S.I. 367, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Nan Ming Yuan (C.L. Freer source)
- Published References
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Mr. R.J. Gettens, James Cahill, Noel Barnard. The Freer Chinese Bronzes. Oriental Studies Series, vol. 1, no. 7 Washington. cat. 46, p. 263.
- William Watson. On Some Categories of Archaism in Chinese Bronze. vol. 9 Washington and Ann Arbor. pl. 9.
- Robert Dale Jacobsen. Inlaid Bronzes of Pre-Imperial China: A Classical Tradition and Its Later Revivals. 2 vols. Ann Arbor. pl. 475.
- Shang Chou chin wen shi ch'eng. multi-vol., Taipei. cat. 5399.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum