Ta Ge Shang, Beijing and Shanghai, to 1911 
From 1911 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Ta Ge Shang, in China, in 1911 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Reserved Album List, R. 3, pg. 2, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. This object exhibits seals, colophons, or inscriptions that could provide additional information regarding the object’s history; see Curatorial Remarks in the object record for further details.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Ta Ge Shang (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum