Collection of Chen Ta Whah Ling, of Weihsien, China 
From 1911 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased through By Rai-sai, China, in 1911 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Bronze List, S.I. 195, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
By Rai-sai (C.L. Freer source)
Chen Ta Whah Ling
- Published References
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Mr. R.J. Gettens, James Cahill, Noel Barnard. The Freer Chinese Bronzes. Oriental Studies Series, vol. 1, no. 7 Washington. cat. 73, p. 403.
- Jessica Rawson. Western Zhou Ritual Bronzes from the Arthur M. Sackler Collections. Ancient Chinese Bronzes from the Arthur M. Sackler Collections, vol. 2 Washington and Cambridge, MA. p. 587, fig. 89.3.
- Shang Chou chin wen shi ch'eng. multi-vol., Taipei. cat. 5337.
- Chin wen tsung chi. Taipei. p. 2666.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum