Li Wenqing (circa 1869-1931), Shanghai to 1911 
From 1911 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Li Wenqing in 1911 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Bronze List, S.I. 192, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Li Wenqing (C.L. Freer source) ca. 1869 - 1931
- Published References
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Mr. R.J. Gettens, James Cahill, Noel Barnard. The Freer Chinese Bronzes. Oriental Studies Series, vol. 1, no. 7 Washington. cat. 57, p. 321.
- Sueji Umehara. On the Shapes of the Bronze Vessels of Ancient China: An Archaeological Study. Toho Bunka Gakuin kyoto kenkyujo kenkyu hohoku, vol.15 Kyoto. pl. 15, fig. 7.
- Shang Chou chin wen shi ch'eng. multi-vol., Taipei. vol. 6, cat. 5879.
- Chin wen tsung chi. Taipei. vol. 7, p. 2909.
- Bernhard Karlgren. Yin and Chou in Chinese Bronzes. no. 8, 1955 article reprint. Stockholm. cat. A230, p. 106.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum