Dikran G. Kelekian (1868-1951), Cairo, Egypt, Paris, France, and New York to 1911 
From 1911 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Dikran G. Kelekian, New York in 1911 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 2088, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Dikran Garabed Kelekian (C.L. Freer source) 1868 - 1951
- Published References
- Dr. Esin Atil. Ceramics from the World of Islam. Exh. cat. Washington, 1973. cat. 49, pp. 110-111.
- Marianna Shreve Simpson. The Illustration of an Epic: The Earliest Shahnama Manuscripts. Outstanding Dissertations in the Fine Arts New York and London. p. 268.
- Richard Ettinghausen. Medieval Near Eastern Ceramics in the Freer Gallery of Art. Washington and Baltimore. p. 34.
- Denys Sutton. The Lure of the Golden Bowl. vol. 118, no. 258 London. p. 122.
- Oriental Ceramics (Toyo Toji Taikan): The World's Great Collections. 12 vols., Tokyo. pl. 291.
- The Arts of Persia. New Haven and London. p. 279, fig. 11.
- Terres d'Islam: Les Collections de Ceramique Moyen-Orientale du Musee Aiana a Geneve. Switzerland. p. 19.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum